Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am thankful for the Sunshine State!


I am thankful for family that lives in Florida. I love visiting my family in South Florida especially when practically every other state (minus Texas) is having winter. Though, I would and have visited my family anytime. We visited them mid September a year or so ago- for those who don't know that's is still summer in Florida. I received this email forward awhile ago and kept a hold of it. I thought typing this out might make me feel warmer considering winter is trying to come upon us here in Kansas. I am protesting with this post! Though I have to say today there is a warm front or something we have Sunshine here today with very little wind-YEAH!!!

ENJOY:

You know you're a Floridian (or have family there) if...

Socks are only for bowling

You never use an umbrella because you know the rain will be over in five minutes

A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store, but everything about shade

Your winter coat is made of denim

You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites

You're younger than thirty but some of your friends are over 65

Anything under 70 degrees is chilly

You've driven through Yeehaw Junction (I can say I have actually done this!)

You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix (my family goes here)

Every other house in your neighborhood had blue roofs in 2004-2005 (I don't know what this means, but I am guessing it has to do with Hurricanes)

You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn't worth waking up for

You dread the love bug season

You are on a first name basis with the Hurricane list. They aren't Hurricane Charley or Hurricane Frances. You know them as Andrew, Charley, Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne

You know what a snowbird is and when they leave

You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average

"Down South" means Key West ( I know this one and I love going 'down south!')

Flip-flops are everyday wear. Shoes are for business meetings and church, but you HAVE worn flip flops to church before-more than once!

You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt (That will be the day!)

You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls

A mountain is any hill 100 feet about sea level (Does that mean Kansas is one big hill?)

You have a bumper sticker: 'This car climbed Mount Dora,' and you know where and what Mt. Dora is. (I haven't researched this one yet, but I bet it's a hoot.)

You know the four seasons are really: hurricane season, love bug season, tourist season, and summer

You've hosted a hurricane party (My family had a post hurricane BBQ with their neighbors)
You can pronounce OKeechobee and Kissimmee

You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat than to have a boat yourself (thankfully we have already learned this one!)

You've worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas and New Years

You recognize Miami-Dade as 'Northern Cuba.' (the cultures and food in South Florida are grand!)

You not only forward this, you understand it!

No comments: