Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 13, 2009

Moving in a BIG TRUCK....

"I hate moving smart people" - a quote from a fellow teacher friend of our's when we moved to Manhattan. Yes Matt & I have a lot of books. We have donated some and recycled some; but we still have plenty to move!


Growing up I remember moving from two houses and we used the team effort. Being married I have also moved twice, three if you count me moving my stuff to Matt's apartment when we got married. Every time I have moved we have filled cars/trucks up and taken multiple trips because they have always been within the city we lived in. When Matt and I moved from Wichita to Manhattan we actually rented a Uhaul truck! My parents packed up the last few articles in their truck and brought them up a few weeks later.

This move is different. Pennsylvania is a good 19 hr drive from Manhattan, so that means a bigger truck is needed! We have spoke with a friend who owns a moving truck company. Mr.B came to our apt today to see how much stuff we have packed into our 800 sqft apt! We will be receiving a quote within the next few days. I am going to continue to pack items we are not using on a daily basis or donating items we are not going to take with us; doing this will save us some money. I am specifically packing our breakable items so that if anything happens to them I can only blame myself!

3 comments:

Becca said...

I don't mind the packing it is the moving of the boxes I leave to other people. I value my back!

White Hot Magik said...

I am catching up. What a cute fruit pizza. So far we have always moved ourselves. Usually my parents come and help out, dad has trailers and what not. For such a long move, I think I would try to figure out hiring it out too. Loved the pics of your cat and the maintenance guy those were precious!

BEK said...

From Jen (yes the computer, I mean I accidentally hit the wrong button and Jen's comment did not show up.



JEN- Amen sista! Liquor store boxes are the best!