Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I am thankful for Differin!


I am so thankful for Differin! I have had issues with acne since I can remember analyzing my face as a teenager. I had done the antibiotic thing in high school as well as some gels/creams that made my skin feel gross! After using the antibiotics along with face wash, toners, lotions, moisturizers, and spot treatments I got through high school okay- I really didn't have it too bad; but it wasn't flawless and that is not acceptable!

College seemed to calm things down, marriage and birth control helped. I stopped using the antibiotics the first year of college because I didn't like the idea of taking an antibiotic for acne! I tried Proactive-it was okay but seemed to stop working after a few years.

In the last 3 years I had accepted that I was going to always have issues with acne, but my break outs seemed more cyclic and wasn't too bad. Then in the last year and a half I started battling what I call cystic, painful, red, deep, dark, pimples along my jaw line and neck. I am talking enduring taking a needle to them just to relieve the painful pressure so I could sleep pain!

I briefly mentioned my plight to my family doctor in October. She offered writing me a script, I held off and told her I would get back with her. I didn't want to be a "baby," I mean I'm adult am I really suppose to still be battling this with prescription medication?

YES!!!!

I had another painful breakout the first part of November, so I called my doctor and she graciously called in the Rx of Differin!!!

It has been about 3 wks and I am really enjoying it. I had the typical breakout time and dryness/redness. I am battling with getting my skin enough moisture due to it being winter time on top of using an acne med; but I can truly feel a difference. When I do get a scary, painful, deep pimple it is smaller and healing in less than 24 hrs unlike before when it would get more painful and take 3-4 days and still hang around. The little bumps on my neck that just didn't seem to heal in the last year are gone! GONE!!! GONE!! GONE!!! I can't believe it! I feel like my adult self is showing and not trying to peep out in between adolescent acne!

No comments: