Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

All your todays are in God's hands

January 23rd we found out that Grandma Howe went to her heavenly home. My cousins Adam and Amanda live in the area so we traveled back to Wtown together. I was so glad to travel with them and not alone. It was comforting to know we were all together making this journey back home. Penn State Hershey ED management and my coworkers were so kind to me during this crazy time. I am so thankful for bereavement time-I have never had to fly home to go to a funeral as an adult. Even when we lived in Manhattan, KS I could have drove home gone to the funeral and drove back home in one day. This trip took 3 days. Monday Jan 25 to fly home, Tues Jan 26 was the funeral, and then Wed Jan 27 to fly home.
At the reception after the funeral cookies from Grandma's 100th birthday were handed out. Grandma lived on this earth from Jan 9th 1910 to Jan 23rd 2010. She lived to be 100yrs and 15 days.







After the funeral, I went over to Johannah's house to see some baby stuff! She and Tim are going to find out on their little one's birthday if it is a boy or a girl-so that means 2 options for going home outfits!
January side photo-March will come soon!
Tuesday evening I had dinner with my sisters and my parents!
Wednesday Sarah and I saw my parents and grandparents off to Hawaii! They had a wonderful trip and arrived back home Feb 7th. There is a rumor pineapples from the islands are on their way to our house in PA....I can't wait! Cancer sores from the fresh acidic juices, here I come!


1 comment:

White Hot Magik said...

Sorry for your loss. Wow 100 though that is quite the accomplishment.