Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

20 wks-June 10, 2010 There is a baby bump

After our trip to Wtown (a post in progress) we went for our 20 wk ultrasound. Baby Skill-it is growing and it is starting to show though I still don't look obviously pregnant in my scrubs at work.

This ultrasound was a very detailed look into the development of Baby Skill-it. Our sonographer was so kind to look at each hand and foot to verify that according to the ultrasound Baby Skill-it has 10 fingers and 10 toes!!! A little information we were very glad to have!

Baby Skill-it has a closed spine- the folate intake appears to be adequate!

Below is what I believe has been jabbing me on my left side at times! It's baby Skill-it's left foot!


Baby's left arm

Right upper arm

A beautiful pumping 4 chamber heart! Makes my heart aflutter!

Right lower leg- both legs were ready to kick at any time and they did!

There's our sweet Baby Skill-it!!! The profile is getting bigger and bigger!


So, do we know what Baby Skill-it is? Nope! God and our sonographer are the only ones who know. It's not documented on the medical record either! We will know if Skill-it is a boy or girl hopefully no sooner than 18-20 wks!

After our ultrasound appt, we went to our OB apt to indicate that we are growing as we should- though they have told me I could gain some weight.....I feel that I am eating a lot. Weight is one thing, but our baby is growing right on schedule so I think I will keep on doing what I am doing. I have a friend that was told she needed to gain and then after she went back for her next appt they told her to slow down- say what?!?!?!? I think I will just listen to what my body says it wants :) I'm not restricting my calories, but I don't have crazy cravings except for fruits and veggies!

Again we covet your prayers as we continue our journey to parenthood!

4 comments:

Devion said...

There IS a bump! WOW! That just appeared, huh? :) Glad everything looks great. Is there anything more exciting than a sonogram when you're pregnant? Such a blessing! Prayers!

Jen said...

I can't wait til lil Skill-it arrives. :)

Prayers always, for you and your sweet, growing family.

Much love!

Sebastian said...

I like it ~ Baby Skill-it! You should name him/her Skill-it (Skill-ita for a girl) when he/she is born. Oh yeah, mom says yeah for good sono pics and you make her sick for looking so good....... whatever

Laura said...

Rebekah, I am so excited for you and Matt. You are going to be great parents and love every minute of it! BTW, we are NOT in CA. The girls and I moved home March 1 and Joel is finally going to join us THIS FRIDAY!!!! Hooray! Some serious answers to prayers there. I am still amazed at how God is able to orchestrate everything to our good.